Our Bridegroom is Coming For Us

 Long, long ago! 


The Bridegroom coming for his bride.

It was December 1976 and I was home from Florida for college break. The neighbor across the street knew his cousin, also home from college, needed a date for a party and suggested he call me. We knew the family, but this fellow was three years older and we'd never been in school together. Hearing a car pull up in front of my parents' house I peeked out the window to see a little blue MG convertible and the most gorgeous guy get out and head down the walk to our front door.

The bell rang, my mother answered and then came to my bedroom door to see if I was ready. I grabbed her by the shoulders and said, "Oh my goodness! He's gorgeous. She smiled, "Yes, he is."  He had that preppy look. Wide wale cords and a four square color block sweater. Oh how I wish we'd had cell phones back then so I could have snapped a photo.

The best part of the story is that I still feel that same excitement 47 years later when he walks in the door after a long day at work.

Think how we will feel when we lay eyes upon Jesus, our bridegroom, coming for us!

Isaiah 61:10

I will rejoice greatly in the Lord, My soul will exult in my God;

For He has clothed me with garments of salvation,

He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness,

As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland,

And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Thank You, God, for coming to earth to be the perfect sacrifice for our sins so we can make our way back home.

The Song

Meredith Andrews- "He Has Come for Us"


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42KD0EJi8ws

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?