Rejuvenate

November 29
Awakening with a flash, I peeled my lids open praying
it was a 6AM hot flash and not the 2AM one. Praise the
Lord, it was 5AM. I had no clue what day it was though.
Did I need to get the turkey in the oven? Were my lesson
plans done? Could I sleep another couple hours
until church? Were there other people staying here?
I called out, "Help me Lord, I have no clue what today
is!" He answered back....rejuvenate.
Ah,there was my word and it was a welcome one!
Clicking on the computer, I couldn't wait to get the
definition, but the phone rang. A very tired voice
said, "Mom, it's time."
Our first grandchild was on the way!.
The Lord still comes first, so I decided it best to
stay faithful and write to you before I get in the car
and head out of town to welcome this little fellow.
Rejuvenate:from the Latin word juvenis young;
to make young or youthful again, give new vigor to;
to stimulate.
Wow, is that a God thing or not. I have a strong feeling
this grandchild will rejuvenate us all.

With Thanksgiving behind us we shift gears into Christmas
mode and the thought of the greatest gift that was ever
given...a little Jewish baby, who would change our lives
forever. May the gift giving we plan to do this next
month reflect the heart of Paul who wanted to testify
with joy the gospel of the grace of God!

But none of these things move me; nor do I count my
life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy,
and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to
testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
--Acts 20:24

Let's Pray: Jesus, you are the rejuvenator
of our lives. The Word of God brings refreshment, vigor and
stimulation into our very being and gives us a hope to go on.
Find us faithful today of Your calling Father...the calling
where You call us Your children! In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?