To Be...More Alive




February 22
Whew! Billy Graham, a life well lived for sure!  He said when he saw God he wanted to hear, 
"Well done, good and faithful servant." (Mt 25:23) No doubt that's what he heard yesterday.

I heard one reporter share a quote which is written on literature at The Cove Retreat Center: "Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don't you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God."  Billy Graham  


Last night, when we walked towards the house after being out to dinner, I was staring up at a star lit sky and said to my husband, "Life is so short!"  Then I came inside and saw that Billy Graham felt the very same way as I read this Washington Post article:  

"Once when he (Billy Graham) was in his mid-60's, a teenager asked him what surprised him most in his "old age."  He answered without much hesitation:"the brevity of life."  

It's so true!  
More from that same article. "The journalist David Frost asked the mature Graham what he would want the first line of his obituary to say. "That he was faithful and that he had integrity," he replied.  "And that I was faithful to my calling, and that I loved God with all my mind, heart and soul."  

"I urge each of you to invest your lives, not just spend them," he told another group of young people. "Each of us is given the exact same amount of seconds, minutes and hours per day as anyone else.  The difference is how we redeem (them),...You cannot count your days, but you can make your days count."  A good life and a good time were not the same."   

For certain, Billy Graham lived a very good life and now is having a very good time in heaven! 

"For instance, we know that when these bodies of ours are taken down like tents and folded away, they will be replaced by resurrection bodies in heaven-God-made, not handmade-and we'll never have to relocate our "tents" again. Sometimes we can hardly wait to move- and so we cry out in frustration.  Compared to what's coming, living conditions around here seem like a stopover in an unfurnished shack, and we're tired of it!  We've been given a glimpse of the real thing, our true home, our resurrection bodies!  The Spirit of God whets our appetite by giving us a taste of what's ahead. He puts a little of heaven in our hearts so that we'll never settle for less."  2 Corinthians 5:1-5

💗Today's Biblegateway love verse.
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love." 1 John 4:18


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?