A Friend


April 24

April 17th was a beautiful day here at Shiloh and I had invited the middle school girls I mentor to come over to kayak.  As we were putting the last kayak up on the top shelf, it slipped and knocked me off the boathouse platform, three feet down into shallow water.  Fortunately, the kayak did not fall on top of me, nor did I fall in the rip rap or hit my head on the dock. Angels watching over me!

The next morning in my "Write the Word" journal here was the verse waiting for me.

"You are better off to have a friend than to be all alone, because then you will get more enjoyment out of what you earn.  If you fall, your friend can help you up. But if you fall without having a friend nearly, you are really in trouble."  Ecclesiastes 4:9-10


I thank God for the five younger friends who were with me.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?