Envy is a Poison




This cross was given to me by a student at a time I was facing a painful health issue.
I've passed it on to share with a friend who is in a tough battle.
It is made to fit right into the contour of your hand.



April 23
Our pastor gave an excellent sermon on the crucifixion of Christ. Reading Matthew 27:18...
"For he knew that it was out of envy that they had delivered him up..."  he preached, 
"Envy is a poison to your soul."
James 3:15 says, "For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there."

He laid out three areas where envy can creep in leading us to be discontent and want what others have. Materialism, relationships and circumstances.

The world and particularly social media toss out traps sending the "I wish I hads"....flying into our minds and often out of our mouths.

The antidote for envy...a thankful heart!

I wish I had those amazing shoes.   Lord, thank you I am able to walk.

I wish I had a new car.  Lord, thank you I have a driver's license and a vehicle.

I wish I had easier college courses.  Lord, thank you I am able to go to college.

I wish I had a husband who didn't fish, golf, watch sports, etc. Lord, thank you for a husband who is faithful.





Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?