Lord, I Need You

 

Taking in the beauty of fall.

A couple weeks ago, my husband and I were driving home and he noticed more road kill than normal. He said "Don't they say this is caused by a full moon?"  These random conversations tend to make me chuckle.  That very same week we were slammed with needs from church members, two heart attacks, a C-section for one expectant mother, two deaths in one family, a young child critically ill, an elderly member falling and needing hospitalization and a head on car collision.  It was a Lord, I need you kind of week.

Years ago one of my children said to me "You like to be needed." I thought to myself, raising the six of you doesn't leave a void in that area.  Wait until you are a parent, you may want a day where no one needs you.  But there is great truth in that comment. I think we all like to be needed.  God created us to need Him, for close relationship is created in the needing.

Do no grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10

So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  

Isaiah 41:10

The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. Exodus 15:2


The Song

"Lord, I Need You"  Matt Maher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuvfMDhTyMA

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?