The "Ins" and "Outs"

  

When you are in a car and that near miss of an accident or actual accident happens do you curse or call on Jesus?  

I'll be sharing a few reflections this week on a book by Liz Curtis Higgs that I'm studying with a group of ladies called The Women of Christmas. Glances at the lives of Elizabeth, Mary and Anna.

One of the first things that has impacted me is how the shocking circumstances of their very unexpected pregnancies had them both totally surrendered to God and seeking Him and drawing closely into His Presence.  Okay, the angel encounters probably helped but this thought came to me...

What goes into our minds often comes out in our emotions.

God selected these women to carry out his purpose because he knew their hearts and knew he could count on their obedience.  Check out Mary's immediate response to the angel.

Mary said, "I am the servant of the Lord. Let this happen to me as you say!"

That takes me back to when my brother drown.  I imagined if the Lord said to him, "David, I need you to float to the bottom of this pool and come and live with me.  From the shock of your passing your wife will never drink again; your children's faith will increase by leaps and bounds assuring you they will spend eternity with you and Me in heaven; and you will be spared some incredible heartache."  Absolutely, he would have said, "Yes, Lord."


The Song

"I Will Follow" by Chris Tomlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ohvhmGSfxI





Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?