Wait- Stay Strong

 

There is purpose in our waiting, but we hate the process.  

There is a time for everything and every matter under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

Forty years in the wilderness is a long time; Noah was given 120 years heads up about the flood coming and then is projected to have been in that ark for a year; Abraham and Sarah waited a very long time for a baby; Joseph was in slavery and then wrongly in prisoned for 13 years; David waited 22 years to be king...and many of us mumbled over the wait for our COVID tests results and grew weary and grumbled during our quarantine times in 2020-2021.

Joseph:

You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.  Genesis 50:20

David:

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1

Danny Gokey's lyrics below are a sermon in themselves!   

The Song

Stay Strong by Danny Gokey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NSthUsLtgg

I've been waitin' for breakthrough, I've been prayin' for changeI know You'll work it all for good but how long will it take?I've been asking for healing and I'm not gonna lieI'm ready for the miracle, God, let it be this time
But if I never see the promise on this side of the graveMy hope might be shaken but my faith will never breakBecause I know the day is coming when You'll right all of the wrongSo I'll praise You in the waiting and my faith will stay strongYeah, ooh
God, You taught me to trust You, You showed me how to believeYou're the author and the finisher of what You start in meSo I'm not gonna doubt it, I'm gonna hold onto peace'Cause if I have You and nothing else, I still have everything
'Cause if I never see the promise on this side of the graveMy hope might be shaken but my faith will never breakBecause I know the day is coming when You'll right all of the wrongSo I'll praise You in the waiting and my faith will stay strong
I'll count it joy when I am tested'Cause You bring beauty from my pain, it's never wasted
But if I never see the promise on this side of the graveMy hope might be shaken but my faith will never breakBecause I know the day is coming when You'll right all of the wrongSo I'll praise You in the waiting and my faith will stay strongBecause I know the day is coming when You'll right all of the wrongSo I'll praise You in the waiting and my faith will stay strongWill stay strong

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?