Emmanuel #7

 

Day 7 God's Promise  - A Relationship

Being God's created is an honor and a blessing.  He didn't have to make us. He chose to create us and in His image.  The gift of His Word showing us how to maneuver life is mind boggling and the sacrifice of Jesus over the top...truly unimaginable.  But one of the sweetest perks of life with the Lord is that He is a relational God and created us to be that way as well.  He loves to be with us.  That is what Emmanuel means...
God with us.

Many times I've pondered and wondered why would God created us in this way.  We are a lot of trouble and heartache.

Psalm 8:4 reads What is man that you are mindful of him?

The contemporary translation is...
Then I ask, "Why do you care about us humans?  Why are you concerned for us weaklings?"
 
Simons writes- "Who am I, God, that You hear me, know me or meet me in my need?...How humbling to remember that nothing happens outside of God's care...God didn't create the universe out of boredom, but out of a desire to be Love to His created and have a relationship with us."  

Whom have I in heaven but you? 
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
Psalm 73:25
The Song
"I Still Believe in Christmas" Anne Wilson


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?