Bring Home the Soldiers

 


Last week I was in a local shop picking up a decoration for the 4th.  The lady behind the register said, "My 4th will be celebrated in August when my Army son comes home from deployment."  Her longing was palpable. I shared with her how I had just written a devotional on waiting and I referenced the families of our military.

Another friend texted for prayer as she was leaving to go be with her Army son, the young man above, who is undergoing surgery today for an injury.  She hopes to bring him home for some R and R over the 4th.  Her Army son-in-law will be coming home as well.  Again the longing.

Last week I wrote a note to a friend whose retired Army son died of a seizure as a result of a head injury while serving.  This summer they are planning a memorial service.  I can't even imagine the longing in her heart.

Then it hit me. Our heavenly Father is longing to bring His soldiers home!  He knows the battle here on earth is not easy.  

As a good soldier of Jesus Christ, you much endure hardship.  2 Timothy 2:3

The Song

"Onward Christians Soldiers" Bill and Gloria Gaither

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vua7LwiAQ0

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?