Whose in the House?

God is our Rock...
our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble
Psalm 46:1

It was one of those evenings my husband was working late at church and unusual for a summer night that I was home alone.  I had just laid down on the couch to elevate my knee, when there was a LOUD banging from what appeared to be inside our front hall closet.

First I hollered, "Pop, is that you?"  Then I hoped it was the ice maker exploding and ran to check that which was in the same vicinity of the clamoring.  For certain, I was not opening that closet.

Knowing my husband was 45 minutes away and in a church service I dialed my daughter's number. She too was husbandless that particular night.  She had her youngest in the bathtub and oldest in the shower.  I said, "Can you get over here!!!!"

The noise increased. Our weather had been horrible all week and the winds were blustering. My next thought was is this a tornado blowing in?  I looked at the front door, right beside the closet and banged on it to see if something was there.  Only the noise.

I had unlocked the kitchen door to the deck should I need to make a hasty escape. My daughter stayed on the phone as she walked to her car.  By that time I had walked into our dining room where a window gave me a view of the front door and there atop our foyer skylight was the BIGGEST fattest squirrel I'd ever seen. He was chewing on the metal siding around the skylight, which was causing the banging.  I told my daughter not to come, but we remained on the phone. As I banged on the window hoping to get the squirrel to stop I let out a scream.

That squirrel flew through the air at me and bounced off the window onto a tree continuing to bounce from each of four trunks.  I exclaimed to my daughter, "He is possessed and wants in this house!" She replied, "Should I drive over and honk at him or something?"  LOL  "No, remain with your boys. I'll be okay."

In those moments of banging and clanging, I had forgotten WHO is in this house all the time!  God Almighty, the Maker of heaven and earth and the Creater of that crazy squirrel. 

Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:6

God is greater than any killer squirrel!

The Song  

"God Help Me" by Unspoken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_pgGgHVxPg



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?