Awaiting -Heaven Day 22

This old family photo from 2013 showed up in an old email draft.  The caption in the email said, "This photo was taken the night before my father's funeral. The children had come from Washington, Minnesota, Tennessee, Florida, North Carolina and VA Beach to be together. The glorious thing was that we knew where my father was!

Oh, my goodness! My husband and I were so much younger. 

My father is the one who started us living the lake life when he built a little cabin on top of our boat house when this lake was created in the 1960's.  He truly loved being at the lake and was so elated after he sold his home to be able to make it financially possible for our family to have a home of our own.

Yesterday morning I awakened to a beautiful lake day and thought...Daddy, I wish you could see how happy we still are here, plus all the grandchildren.  Then the message in my mind came back..."And I wish you knew how happy I am here in heaven with your mama. It's beyond belief. See you soon."

But we are citizens of heaven and are eagerly waiting for our Savior to come from there. Our Lord Jesus Christ has power over everything, and he will make these poor bodies of ours like his own glorious body. Philippians 3:20-21

What are you awaiting?  

We are waiting for our next two grandchildren to be born. One any day now!  I keep checking for the text, "In labor!"

The Song

"While I Wait" Lincoln Brewster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NswPPVgMaPE

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?