Heaven Day 12





One of the things I love most about children is how the simple things in life thrill them! Spotting a bunny in the yard, catching a fish, blowing a bubble or scooping up ice cream. The moments captured in these photos all were all based on the hope of catching the first ever crawdad at Shiloh!

Oh that we would all thrill to look at God's Word and seek Him the way this gang was enthralled with a crawdad.

Jesus taught on the value of child like faith!

Heaven Day 12                                  

About this time the disciples came to Jesus and asked him who would be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  Jesus called for a child to come over and stand near him. Then he said: I promise you this. If you don't change and become like a child, you will never get into the kingdom of heaven. But if you are as humble as this child, you are the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  Matthew 18:1-4 

We are all great in God's eyes. We are His creations and He has a great place for each of us in Heaven.  My mother's favorite Bible passage was John 14:2-4

In my Father' house are many rooms. If it were no so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.  And you know the way to where I am going.

Another, get back in the saddle and write provision for me was when I opened my word processor  put in a copy of yesterday's Senior Ministries devotional, up popped this one from months ago. Right on Heaven topic!

"Where we are Headed"

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,  looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2

"Former Senator Dwight W. Morrow was on a train to New York City when the conductor walked by and said, “Excuse me, Mr. Senator, may I see your ticket please?” Mr. Morrow searched and searched in vain to find the ticket he had purchased but was unsuccessful. “I must find that ticket,” he muttered.

So the conductor graciously and respectfully said, “Don’t worry about it, Mr. Morrow. We know you had a ticket. Just mail it to the railroad when you find it.”


“That’s not what’s troubling me,” replied Morrow. “I need to find it to know where I’m going!”

How many believers in Christ today are just like that when it comes to their spiritual life? They know they’re on a journey to their destination – heaven – but are either unaware of where they’re going or choose to ignore it completely. And at the very root of their belief is a lack of understanding of the promise of heaven.


Now Scripture says that no one has ever seen what God has prepared for those who love Him (1 Corinthians 2:9). But you don’t have to see heaven in order to grasp the promise of a glorious eternity with Jesus Christ.


So if you find yourself acting as a simple passenger on the journey of life with no real hope of heaven, fix your eyes on Jesus, knowing that if you love and trust in Him, you have the glorious promise of heaven to anticipate!


Prayer Challenge

Pray that God would give you a heavenly perspective on life by reminding you of the promise of heaven and reaffirming your faith in Christ as the only way to get there!


Questions for Thought

How would an eternal perspective (knowing heaven is your real home) change the way you look at your life today?

What would become more important? Less important?"


The Song

"When I  Get Where I'm Going"  Brad Paisley with a splash of Dolly Parton

(So, sweet. Listen to the very end.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHT-TF4KO4




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?