Heaven Day 13

 

Our oldest grandson is 14. Love this photo of him flying high. Thankful he loves the Lord.

Heaven Day 13 

Matthew 19:23-24                              

Jesus said to his disciples, “I tell you, it's terribly hard for rich people to get into the kingdom of heaven!  In fact, it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to get into God's kingdom.”

So why is that?

Material wealth can be an intoxicating temptation that gives the false pretense of self-sufficiency.  An, "I can fulfill all my needs attitude."  Jesus, not money, is the solution to our spiritual poverty.

One time a man told me that he gave so much money to the church Jesus will have to let him in.  Yikes. He's in for a rude awakening.

Proverbs 30:8-9 has a warming concerning both material prosperity and material poverty can warp our perspective.

Make me absolutely honest and don't let me be too poor or too rich. Give me just what I need.If I have too much to eat, I might forget about you;if I don't have enough,
I might steal  and disgrace your name.

James teaches in chapter 1:10-11 that those who are rich should be glad when God makes them humble because rich people, as they go about their business,  will disappear like wildflowers scorched by the burning hear of the sun.

In no way is Jesus teaching that wealthy people will not get into heaven. It's all about th heart and God knows our hearts.

Jesus taught that were your treasure is your heart will be also.  Matthew 6:21

You cannot serve God and wealth.  Matthew 6:24

The real wealth, the fabulous treasures, the crowns of life await those who trust Jesus as their Savior in Heaven!  It's going to be a good, good, time.  See you there!

The Song

"To Not Worship You" Mercy Me


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIFpkpHSjWA




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?