The Wedge



It was one of those middle of the night encounters with God. The word was wedge and my first image was that of a doorstop at our church I had used to leave a crack in the door so someone could get in because I couldn't figure out how to unlock the door.

Whew wee!  It only takes a crack for temptation and sin to creep into our lives and corrupt our hearts that are meant for God.  Think about King David, "A man after God's heart." It only took a glance from a rooftop to lead to horrible sin and deadly destruction.

A glance. 
Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways.
Psalm 119:37

But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.  Matthew 5:28  (The same for a woman lusting for a man.)

February Heart Verse

"The very practice of reading the Bible will have a purifying effect upon your mind and heart.  Let nothing take the place of this daily exercise." Billy Graham


The Songs

"Keep My Eyes Up"  Ryan Ellis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtAcW2yxD_Q


"Be Careful Little Eyes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsTWc_tAGts


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?