Trick or Treat

October 31
Yesterday, as I was looking for whipping cream in the grocery case my eyes settled on a dairy product in an Almond Joy flavor. It didn't say exactly what you were supposed to do with it, but I surmised it was a coffee creamer. I've never had a cup of coffee, but I really love Almond Joys and I like hot chocolate, so I was thinking I could use it in some way to enhance my hot chocolate. As I unpacked my groceries I was curious about this product, so I took a swig. It was tasty, so I had another swig and placed it in the refrigerator. Before all the groceries had been put away, I was feeling rather nauseous and guessed it was from consuming the Almond Joy juice, straight up, on an empty stomach. My treat, tricked me!
There are many things in life which are enticing, but in the end trick us and are not the treats we thought them to be. When we take our last breath and step to the other side, we will be in for a trick (rude awakening) or a treat (the heavenly realm)?

The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” Psalm 14:1
The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice. Psalm 12:15

The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble. My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Proverbs 4:18-20

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. Matthew 24:42

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?