Connect the Dots

May 17
Sitting on the dock yesterday afternoon was far from relaxing.  Evidently, some swallows/sparrows have built a nest close by and they were in full force literally dive bombing us.  I was smacking my shoes together to try to scare them off, my husband donned a long handled fishing net, while our son and his fiance sat by laughing!
On a more serious note, I felt like bad new has been dive bombing us this week.  My instincts have been to hide under the covers and not come out, but the more effective course of action is to praise and pray without ceasing.  Three of these stories have blog sites to connect to if you would like to pray and follow them. After some time, trusting in the Lord this morning, I have recalled how God works all things together for good for those who love Him.  I've decided to share these stories sensing that there are connections to be made between people and encouragement that can happen.
Before I do that, I want to share another "He's so personal" example.  Feeling heavy hearted, I opened a devotional I read each day and it brought a smile to my face as I remembered..."He knows my every thought!"
From: Wisdom Hunters Devotional
“I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” Psalm 16:8


"Jesus deserves my undivided attention, yet I struggle with distractions. My mind is drawn to musing over pressing issues at work that never seem to go away. My heart engages in emotional cares for others in crisis that I am unable to control. My eyes look ahead in worry or behind in regret. It is at these pivotal points that I desire my eyes to stay fixed on Jesus in prayer and not on others or myself. Faith makes Christ the center of attention.

The eyes of our souls can be blind to belief or they can open wide in anticipation of the Almighty’s faithfulness. If we close our spiritual eyes we extinguish hope and miss our Master’s comfort and instruction. It is when we gaze into the eyes of Jesus that He sees right through us to the heart of the matter. What matters to the Lord, becomes what matters to us. Like reading glasses, the Bible brings into focus the character of Christ. "



Pray for these sweet people below and maybe there is something going on in your life or that of someone you love that is connected in somehow to these.  God is always up to good...even in the midst of our sorrow.
Jack Thomas, the one year old grandson of a dear friend.  Jack has had a brain tumor removed.
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jackthomas/createorsignin
Our sweet daughter in law, Jenna, who is due with their first child July 1st.
http://bandjandrews.blogspot.com/2012/05/blood-clot-2.html

Our gorgeous, twenty-eight year old god-daughter, who is ferociously fighting breast cancer. Go Meg!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/megrex/photos/entry/num/7

Our great niece, Tanner, who is ready for God to heal her from a disorder called
Minimal Change Disease

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001526/

My friend and prayer warrior extraordinaire, Kathy, who needs 3 spots, which showed up on her brain MRI, to be gone in the Mighty Name of Jesus.


And a praise that my sweet Daddy, who was hospitalized Tuesday with what they think was a small stroke, is back home now!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?