Missing Ingredient

May 8
Last night while cooking dinner, I decided to top off the menu with a pecan pie, so I began multi-tasking.  The buzzer rang and as I pulled out the pie, I laughed out loud....I had forgotten a key ingredient....the PECANS!  I sprinkled a few on top, but they were not cooked and the pie didn't quite make the mark as delectable.
The incident made me think about our faith and the key ingredient of prayer.  Some people never add that ingredient to their faith walk, others sprinkle it on top and bless a meal, but God designed prayer as a major ingredient in the life of a Christian. It is our connection point with Him.   Prayer promotes the process of pouring out our hearts to God and placing ourselves in a pensive position to hear back from him.  Whatever you have planned for the next 10 minutes...postpone it and spend that time conversing with your heavenly Father!

Psalm 141:1-2  

God, come close. Come quickly! Open your ears—it's my voice you're hearing!    Treat my prayer as sweet incense rising; my raised hands are my evening prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?