Get Dressed


July 30
Today I'm heading off to have a hole cut in my forehead to remove a carcinoma.  The doctor's office told me to be prepared to stay all day, because the type of procedure they are doing allows them to study the tissue after the first extraction and then go back in for more tissue should there be any cancer cells remaining.  I've put right much thought into what to wear.  The first assumption is that the office will be cold to keep germs away. Next I want to be comfortable and then finally, if blood drips on me I don't want the clothing to be any item that I would be concerned over that fact.
How much thought are you putting into today's attire?  We should invest as much time on our internal appearance as our outer.
The Adrian Rogers' study on the Armor of God was excellent!  He describes the articles of armor in this fashion:
The Belt of Truth- Our Integrity
The Breastplate of Righteousness- Our Purity
The Shoes of Peace- Our Tranquility
These first three items are to be worn daily!  Never be seen without these!
The next items are to be "taken up" or "picked up" when needed to combat the enemy.
The Shield of Faith- Our Certainty
The Helmet of Salvation-Our Sanity
The Sword of the Spirit-Our Fightin Words



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?