Many Hats




July 20-21
One of our grandsons and I dug through an old collection of hats I have and had a hat party the other day!  He became a soldier, Indian chief, Santa, Mexican dancer, conductor, chauffeur, cowboy and just plain silly in some hats.  As executives of our own lives, we wear many hats in our daily routines and decision making. Nutritionists, launderers, pilots, fashion designers, maintenance workers, professors, etc.
God can wear any hat we need him to in our lives.  He is the Great Physician, Provider, Listening Ear, a Comforter, a Mighty Warrior and Defender, our Father capable of mothering us, a Counselor-who is the source of all wisdom, our joy, and a fabulous Designer. The realization of this truth evolves as the relationship we have established with Him through Christ deepens due to our lingering in his presence.

There was a quote (not sure of the origin) "To know me is to love me."  That holds true with Jesus,

What hat is it you are needing God to wear today?  Go to Him believing he can be all things.

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and 
will strengthen your frame.  You will be like a well-watered garden, 
like a spring whose waters never fail. 
 Isaiah 58:11

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?