Holding Pattern

The Minnesota Gang
June 30
Flying to Minnesota for a birthday party for our grandchildren, we made great time and then the pilot came on and stated air traffic control had put us in a holding pattern.  Me, oh, my!  Life does that sometimes too.  That's a perfect way to express so many stages of life!
Holding on for healing.
Holding on for a job.
Holding on for a spouse or a child.
Holding on for Jesus to return!

What holding pattern are you presently enduring?
I think God intends for us to live abundantly, while in the holding pattern by holding onto Him!

Do something radical right now! Something out of the ordinary.  Stop and sing a praise song!
Step outside and tell God his creation is amazing!  Open your Bible and turn a Psalm into a song!

I have our windows open and our fans on allowing the fresh mountain air to permeate our house.
Just as I typed do something radical a cardinal flew onto the branch of a tree outside my window and sang his heart out.  Made me smile.

Grabbing an old Bible, which was on my desk, I stepped out our front door and randomly opened it. Parts of Psalm 37 were highlighted in yellow, so I sang them and the birds sang along! I felt like Mary Poppins.  

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn.
Be still before the Lord and wait patently for him; do not fret when men carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath...Turn from evil and do good; then you will dwell in the land forever.  For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones.
Wait for the Lord and keep his ways!  (Psalm 37: 4-8, 27-28, 34)

Wait for the Lord!  There's the ultimate holding pattern.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?