The Road Ahead

Three of our grands running on a friend's horse farm.
June 18
We have no idea what the road ahead holds for us or our children, but we can have faith in the One who holds those plans.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, 
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

The greatest gift we can give our children is 
the knowledge of our faith in God and our genuine love for Jesus.

Today's Biblegateway verse is Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; 
instead bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

Our son is waiting to be taken to a doctor today. I had to share this beautiful scriptural prayer sent by one of the teachers from the school where my husband works.  She said it came from Stormie Omartian's book The Power of a Praying Parent.

"Lord, because You have instructed us in Your Word that we are to pray for one another so that we may be healed, I pray for healing and wholeness for _____.  I pray that sickness and infirmity will have no place or power in his life. I pray for protection against any disease coming into his body.  You Word says, "He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions" (Psalm 107:20).  Wherever there is disease, illness, or infirmity in his body, I pray that You, Lord, would touch him with Your healing power and restore him to total health.  Deliver him from any destruction or injury that could come upon him.  Specifically, I ask You to heal his body of this fever. If he is to see a doctor, I pray that You, Lord, would show him who that should be. Give that doctor wisdom and full knowledge o the best way to proceed.  Thank you, Lord, that you suffered and died for us so that we might be healed.  I lay claim to that heritage of healing which You have promised in Your Word and provided for those who believe.  I look to You for a life of health, healing and wholeness for this child. (Young man)."  In Jesus' name, Amen.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?