Blackberries


Our blackberry bush!

August 3
Paul says in Philippians 4:11-13  "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through him who gives me strength.”

“True contentment is not having what you want, but wanting what you have.”
Karen Ehman

What a fun list to make…A “Thank You, God,” list for what I have.

A few Sundays ago our pastor shared a statistic that 80% of what we say is negative. That has really stuck with me and I’ve tried to capture those negative thoughts before they fly out of my mouth.  Not being content is a negative status. I’m working on allowing the Spirit to keep me living more in the positive column!  Those living around me will be so glad!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?