Restoration for Future Growth



August 6
Our camilla bushes took a hard hit this past winter.  The buds turned brown and never bloomed.  At some point I started the process of removing the dead buds, but spring chores set in, the company started coming to Shiloh and I forgot the bushes. I realized over the years one of the bushes had grown and was partially blocking a bedroom sliding door.  As I began to cut it back, God began to work in my heart.
When sin/death enters our relationships/churches we not only lose our appealing appearance,  we stifle the movement of the Spirit.  New growth can still spring forth, but there isn't the vibrance God intended.

Working my way through the branches I came across a bird's nest. That signified that even in a broken state God can use someone for good, until they are restored to a flourishing state.

Also, as I began to prune away the dead branches and damaged ones, I had to use great care not to disturb the new buds. If I just whacked away without precision a lot of damage would be done to the future growth.

My mind ran back to Nehemiah who was obedient to restore the walls of Jerusalem.
"Meanwhile, the people in Judah said, 'The strength of the laborers is giving out, and there is so much rubble that we cannot rebuild the wall.'"  Nehemiah 4:10

Rubble had to be cleared away before the new construction could begin.  Even during the process, protection had to be provided against outside elements/invaders who plotted harm.  Afterwards, people had to be brought in to provide for the daily needs of Jerusalem.

Ask God to reveal a relationship in your own life or the life of your church where some pruning needs to take place and to speak to your heart about where he needs you to stand to strength those relationships or your church.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?