The Covering

These cozy covers bring me comfort.
Sometimes just the little added weight helps me sleep better.

As I pulled my satin trimmed throw blanket up over me, I thought of some of the stories in the Bible related to "coverings".

"The earth was barren, with no form of life; it was under a roaring ocean covered with darkness. But the Spirit of God was moving over the water."  Genesis 1:2

The Spirit of God has us covered and is always moving in our lives.  It's our choice to follow the Spirit's leading or not.

"The glory of the Lord dwelt on Mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days. And on the seventh day he called to Moses out of the midst of the cloud."  Exodus 24:16

In Old Testament days the covering of the cloud was a great comfort to the Israelites signifying God's presence.  

"The shadow of a cloud passed over and covered them.  From the cloud a voice said, 'This is my Son, and I love him. Listen to what he says!'"   Mark 9:7

That covering and word from God was an attention getter.

But the greatest covering we can experience is the covering of Jesus' blood, poured out to cover all of our sins.

"You forgave the iniquity of your people; you covered all their sin."  Psalm 85:2

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?