The Unexpected Miracle

Wilson's godparents.
Friends that change our lives for the better.
You are already missed Chuck Cope.

This past week has been one of high and lows.  I can't remember what I've shared, but we went from being with these friends in Charlottesville last Friday and hearing a discouraging report regarding the hope of a much needed liver transplant, to a 10PM phone call that same night saying UVA had a liver on the way for our friend.  We headed back up Saturday morning and were elated when the call came that the transplant was successful, but the next 48 hours would be crucial. Calls came that the kidneys were not functioning and then Sunday that he was being taken back to the OR for bleeding. Tuesday morning the call was to come quickly for his heart was struggling.  

That night I sat in that ICU room and asked God this question..."When do I stop praying for the miracle Father?"  His reply, "Never!  For if I take him home, that in itself is the ultimate miracle."

Wednesday morning with all his family holding onto him in that ICU room, we saw the miracle occur.  Tomorrow my husband will honor the requests of one of his best friends and perform his memorial service.

April 25, 2019 our friend knocked on our front door, distraught and looking for answers. During our conversation he found Jesus who transformed his life and gave him the hope of seeing Jesus face to face. I can only imagine what Chuck is experiencing first hand.


"Listen! I am standing and knocking at your door. If you hear my voice and open the door,  I will come in and we will eat together. Everyone who wins the victory will sit with me on my throne, just as I won the victory and sat with my Father on his throne."
Revelation 3:20-21

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?