A Little Child Shall Lead Them

In the summer, Shiloh is filled with the pitter patter of little feet and quite often those little feet wander into our bedroom very early in the morning.  One ten year old grandson came through just as my eyes were opening and the dream I was dreaming was fresh on my mind.  I shared with him that several of us where in a totally glass room where we could see out into a lush forest and watch amazing animals like white tigers, leopards, elephants, an enormous black bear and a huge hairy wild bore.  Right there in the scene was a young boy by a log. My maternal instincts made me fear for him, but he didn't appear to be alarmed at all or in any danger.

Normally, I can figure out what triggered my dream...something I've read or watched.  This one baffled me. After writing the post about my conversations with a four year old, I was searching for the verse "and a little child shall lead them."  I've always thought that verse related to the impact that a child's pure faith can have on others and lead them to salvation in Christ, but that's not it at all.  Check out what I read below related to Isaiah 11:6.  There's the answer to my dream!

From Gotquestions.org 

Isaiah 11 is centered on the theme of Israel’s restoration and includes a description of the Messiah, the righteous kingdom He will establish, and the remnant who inhabit it. After describing the Messiah (verses 1–5), Isaiah begins to elaborate on the ideal conditions of the kingdom He will set up: “The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them” (Isaiah 11:6, ESV).

In the utopian environment of the Messiah’s future realm, all dangers of the animal kingdom will cease. Isaiah couples each animal with its natural prey. The lamb will be safe from the threat of the wolf, the goat will be unharmed by the leopard, and the fatted calf will not fear the menace of the lion. Under the perfect dominion of the Prince of Peace, the state of the world will be so tame that even the most ferocious wild beasts will submit to the leading of a little child.

Human superiority over animals will continue in Messiah’s millennial kingdom but be amplified. Even small children—who would ordinarily be preyed upon by wild beasts—will not only be safe from these predatory creatures but will have control over them. This serene relationship between predator and prey is used often in prophetic Scripture to portray the state of life under the Prince of Peace: “‘The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,’ says the LORD” (Isaiah 65:25).

The Song  (Y'all the last animal in this video is very similar to one of the animals in my dream!)

"A Little Child Will Lead Them All"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQCwX5O1Of8


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?