Someone is Listening

Little ears are listening when we are totally unaware.

Sitting out under our magnolia tree I was sharing a devotional by Cally Logan called "6 Essential Characteristics of a Godly Woman".  I know you want to know...

"Courage and Kindness, Hard Worker, Loyalty, Joy, Wisdom and Faith". It was an excellent article.  Email me at boojoyful@gmail.com if you would like me to send it to you in it's entirety.

At one point in my sharing, with quite a loud volume a voice, which appeared to be behind me said, "I didn't understand what you were saying?"  I looked behind me and there was no one, just the lake.  Looking at the youngest member of our gathering, a brand new college grad I inquired, "Who was that?"  I knew I had not brought my phone outside with me.  She grinned and said, "It's your watch."  I replied, "But I don't have Siri."  Oh, you have her, you just don't know you have her and she's listening to everything you say," another woman explained.

As our discussion on the godly woman topic continued, occasionally I would say, "Did you get that Siri?"

The very next day my husband and I were discussing a service project our youth had completed helping out a couple in our church facing huge physical needs.  I thought I ought to call the woman of the home and see if they were pleased with how things had gone. At that very moment, she texted me!  A few hours later, while in the car with my husband, I shared a concern that we'd been so busy we had time to be with a very dear friend and I felt she was a little put off with me.  Two hours after that I was thinking about her again and she texted inviting us to dinner!  

My immediate thought, since these occurrences followed the "watch incident," was ...Did Siri call these people and tell them I was talking about them?  The next thought was I should have been praying for them, not just talking to my husband about them.  Then the thought process continued as I realized God is always listening to my heart and mind and at work in mighty ways.  Oh, how I love Him.

The Song

"The God Who Listens"  Chris Tomlin with Thomas Rhett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sqLqR41Ulg


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?