Carrying A Load


This little guy came  up with a very efficient way to carry a load of water balloons!

What is the load you are carrying right now? Many of my loads are cuddly and under 55 pounds. While lifting these grands can do a number on my rotator cuff and back, holding a snuggly toddler or infant is totally worth the pain.  It's the emotional loads that can really wear us down.

 If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.  

Matthew 11:28

Speak, Soak, Sing, Surround. I read a devotional on 4 steps to help you cast your burdens on the Lord.  

1) Speak it.  We have to communicate with God and tell him our struggles.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.     2 Corinthians 12:9`                    


2) Soak in Scripture. We need to know God's Word


"My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life." Proverbs 4: 20-23


3) Sing


Our adversary HATES worship


"Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!" 

Psalm 95: 1-2


4) Surround Yourself with Warriors


"God did not design you to carry your burdens alone. He gave you brothers and sisters in Christ who can identify with your struggles and encourage you on the road to freedom.  Gather a few close sisters that are true prayer warriors, or seek out a professional Biblical counselor to guide you into truth. Prayer warriors can help pull you out of your pit and encourage you on the path to healing and wholeness. Never underestimate the power of surrounding yourself with warriors!"

 

"Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety." Proverbs 11:14


https://www.simplyscripture.org/news/how-to-cast-your-burdens-on-god


The Song

"What a Good God"  Mack Brock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf2DODc7Ghk

Sorry I forgot to post this yesterday.  I was loaded with lots of love from the littles.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?