Learning Something New-the Mark of Christ


Visiting a petting zoo with one of our grandchildren, I was introduced to my first zonkey.  A cross between a zebra and a donkey.  Listening to a quick snippet on the Queen of England's birthday celebration on TV I leaned that a Dorgi, dog breed, is a a cross between a Dachshund and a Welsh Corgi.

Standing in line with our grandson at a Dollar Store buying "Off" bug spray, two young gentlemen in front of us with carts loaded with soft drinks told us to please go ahead of them.  As I pulled out my credit card to insert in the box to pay one of the fellows said, "Ma'am, all you have to do is tap your card right there on credit card box because you have this wireless mark.  When you see that symbol, there is no need to insert your card."  I smiled and replied, "I love to learn something new everyday. Thank you so much."

As long as I live I hope I continue to learn at least one new thing everyday. There is certainly plenty out there to learn, but I find it important to measure new knowledge with the Biblical standard of God's Word...the compass for my life.

More and more I see us being marked by distinctions.

And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name. Revelation 14:11


And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.  Revelation 13:16-17  


I read an excellent article by Billy Graham called "The Mark of Christ". It may bring to some new perspectives on how Christians are viewed.

https://decisionmagazine.com/billy-graham-do-you-bear-marks-christ/


Graham's words challenge us to ask the question: 

"Do you bear the marks of Christ? We bear the marks of whatever enslaves us. You and I are either branded with the marks of Christ or the marks of the devil.


The Bible says that some of the marks of the devil are “adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like” (Galatians 5:19-21). And the Bible further says that those who do such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

The Bible teaches that the marks of a Christian are 'love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control' (Galatians 5:22-23, NKJV).

Which brand do you have on you today—the scars of Jesus or the brands of sin that Satan puts upon you?"

The Song

"Knowing You Jesus"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxpPIa-BskY


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?