Stuck

 

Such laughter at the site of this 7 year old grandson who got his bottom stuck in a bucket on our dock!

Barefoot is my favorite way to be.  I'd been vacuuming the house and had stumped my toe on a set of stairs.  After completing my cleaning task I realized my foot was aching.  I sat down to rub it and found a glass bead stuck to the bottom of my foot!

What are you stuck in or on?  Maybe it is something/someone stuck on you right now that is robbing your joy and freedom in Christ.  Are you relying on a friend to get your out of a bucket, a rut, or peel something away that is causing pain?  Call on Jesus. He is our friend and the perfecter of our faith. That is the best way out of sticky situations holding us captive.

  1. Isaiah 43:18b-19
    Do not cling to events of the past or dwell on what happened long ago. Watch for the new thing I am going to do. It is happening already—you can see it now! I will make a road through the wilderness and give you streams of water there.
  2. Philippians 4:12-13
    I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
  3. Psalm 51:10 
    Create a pure heart in me, O God, and put a new and loyal spirit in me.
  4. 2 Corinthians 5:17 
    Anyone who is joined to Christ is a new being; the old is gone, the new has come.
  5. Hebrews 12:1b-2a 
    So then, let us rid ourselves of everything that gets in the way, and of the sin which holds on to us so tightly, and let us run with determination the race that lies before us. Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from beginning to end.
  6. Psalm 119: 4-5 
    Lord, you have given us your laws and told us to obey them faithfully. How I hope that I shall be faithful in keeping your instructions!
The Song

"Stuck on You Jesus" by Sister Bev

https://music.apple.com/us/album/stuck-on-you-jesus/907827467

Sister Bev sings, "Jesus, Im really glad you came because I'm stuck on you!"



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?