1st Day of Decrease

Our 5th born with his wife on a tropical getaway. 

40 Days of Decrease is a Lenten devotional book written by Alicia Britt Chole, but is intended to be used at anytime. I'm enjoying taking the suggested passage and seeing what God wants to teach me. I'll post every now and then. Not sure I will get through in 40 straight days.

Day 1 John 12:1-11 (CEV)

"Six days before Passover Jesus went back to Bethany, where he has raised Lazarus from death. A meal had been prepared for Jesus. Martha was doing the serving, and Lazatus himself was there.

Mary took a very expensive bottle of perfume and poured it on Jesus' feet. She wiped them with her hair, and the sweet smell of the perfume filled the house.

A disciple named Judas Iscariot was there. He was the one who was going to betray Jesus, and he asked "Why wasn't this perfume sold for 300 silver coins and the money given to the poor?' Judas did not really care about the poor. He asked this because he carried the moneybag and sometimes would steal from it.

Jesus replied, 'Leave her alone! She has kept this perfume for the day of my burial. You will always have the poor with you, but you won't always have me.'  

A lot of people came when they heard that Jesus was there. They also wanted to see Lazarus, because Jesus had raised him from death.  So the chief priests made plans to kill Lazarus. He was the reason that many of the people were turning from them and putting their faith in Jesus."

Stir my heart Lord...

1) Do I fall at Jesus' feet in love and with thanksgiving daily?

2) What am I sacrificing for Jesus? Time, service at church...but what more is God                  calling me to? Right now my health, pain from knee and back trouble, have me being still..I'm hearing of heart and priority changes I need to make.

3) When I enter a place do I put off an aroma of someone who is drenched in Jesus' love?

4) Do I recognize the source of the battles around me?    Jesus recognized Judas' true intentions; his heart condition full of greed and self-centeredness.

Currently there are three areas of heart ache in me...in essence the poor...individuals and families struggle with addictions, widows and women with infertility issues. I must draw near to God, bow before him, shed my tears at the feet of Jesus,  before I can know where and how he wants me to make a difference.                 

Hmm, I hear the Lord saying, "Sometimes you need to decrease from "doing" to know what I am calling you to do." Now that's a good word for today. a good take away from a time with Jesus.

The Song

"Be Still My Soul" Eclipse 6 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqKVFYD8Obc

                                         

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?