Unleashing of Sorrow

 
Were you able to sip on something warm last week when the air had a definite chill?

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.  James 1:2-3

By the end of the week I was crying out to the Lord, "Please do not send one more text or phone call of heartache our way this weekend. I know to lay it all down before You, Father, but the sorrow is overwhelming." The first six hours of the day were full of what I've been calling an unleashing of sorrow.

So, I cried out and the Lord heard my prayers. By that evening one son called to say they had just learned the baby they are expecting is a girl!  That will make 6 granddaughters to the 7 grandsons!  A reason to rejoice.

Another son called that they were competing in the Boy Scout Pine Wood Derby that night!  His son came in first in his den and second overall! And we were able to look forward to my husband baptizing a family member the next Sunday!

And on of my favorite young mamas at church texted, "I am in labor!"

Those little glimpses of cheer were answered prayer and reminded me to choose joy in all circumstances and remember God is in the production business. He uses all situations and trials to build our faith, but WHEW, it's a process.  I'm finding it helps me to remember there are angels encamped all around us, God's mercies are new every morning and God is in control of a world that often seems out of control to us.

The Song  (Don't miss this one!)

"What A Friend" Matt Maher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6qXfZPtzsM






Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?