Every Day Prayers for Patience


Another one loses a tooth!

I started a 30 day devotional/journal called Everyday Prayers for PATIENCE, Giving Yourself and Your Kids the Grace to Grow  by Brooke McGlothlin (Founder of Million Praying Moms).

And the very day I started I lost my patience with a grandchild in a major way!  It wasn't until I cried out to God in the name of Jesus that both of us calmed down.

This book is going to be a blessing, but I hope a major test doesn't come everyday.

Philippians 1:6  says: being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ.

Day 1 has 2 Peter 3:18 as the key verse:
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity.

The author’s prayer: “Father, I confess that I wish You had left us a roadmap for raising godly children. Sometimes I wish You’d audibly tell me how to have what I need for them everyday, especially on the hard days when I feel like my patience has run right out.  I feel like I need so much more than I have, but ultimately, what I need-who I need-is You. More of You. Give me the desire to know You more and grow me more in grace.  In Jesus’ name, amen."

Day 2 has 1 Timothy 1:16 as the key verse:
But I received mercy for this reason, so that in me, the worst of them, Christ Jesus might demonstrate his extraordinary patience as an example to those who would believe him for eternal life.

Her prayer: “Father, thank You for the work You’ve done in my life.  Thank You for saying me, for redeeming me, for changing me, and for setting my feet on a firm foundation.  I praise You for demonstrating such extraordinary patience with me. Today, help me extend that patience to the people I love most.  In Jesus’ name, amen.”

McGlothin writes-“As a mom, you serve as the biggest example to your children, Your life influences them the most. God saved you, at least in part, so that your life can serve to demonstrate His extraordinary patience as an example to them…God is doing exactly the same work in your children that He did in you, although in different ways, and it’s all designed to bring them to Him.  Your life is the biggest and best testimony of His grace they’ll see for the first 18-20 years of their lives. One day, God willing, they’ll look back on all of the good, bad, and ugly of their own stories and see God’s redeeming grace in just the same way."

Ephesians 2:7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.


The Song

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?