Joys and Jitters

 

This 9 year old grandson enjoyed a birthday cake we made out of Twix candy bars and a big marshmallow!
This 6 year old may have had a few jitters with his newest tubing stance, but mostly joy!

In order to hear deeply from the Lord I have to find a quiet place and in the summer time that is rarely found at Shiloh.  Recently, my husband and I had a 24 hour getaway to our son's new home in VA Beach. That visit afforded us the opportunity to sleep in until 7AM.  We didn't sleep that long, but we were able to be still and in that time the Lord did the neatest thing with me.

While still lying in bed He asked me to lift my arms in the air. Then put my thumbs together, next my index fingers and then turn my hands upside down and see the heart that had formed between those fingers.  It made a peep hole to look  up towards heaven and the Lord said, "Remember my love!"

Next He said, "Tell me 5 joys and 5 jitters in your life right now."  After I did this I asked my husband to participate. His 5th jitter was having to play games like this with someone.  UGH.

Before we left I was able to sit down one on one with the members of this sweet family and hear their joys and jitters and pray for them.  It was a precious time.

“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”  Psalm 46:10

The Song

"God I Look to You"  Francesca Battistelli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP1QKueGK-o



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?