Tell Me About God

 


We were celebrating a 3 year old birthday with one of our grandchildren. Her parents were out of town for a wedding and I was thrilled to host a mermaid party. We had pink sprinkled donuts for breakfast with candles to blow!  Cupcakes for lunch and had done cake the night before.  We allowed her to stay up past her bedtime to watch a "show" with her cousin and then she insisted on going to be with the light up rainbow Barbie we had given her.  Bedtime was  not progressing at a pace that was pleasing to this tired Mama Boo.  When I made Barbie sleep at the bottom of the bed, this little girl gave me quite the glare.  

Next it was "I need water."  Then, "I need to go potty." I said, "No you don' t, you just went potty." She insisted and I explained I would not be a happy Mama Boo if she was tricking me, but off to the potty we went. She did not have a drop in her.

Patiently, I expressed my disappointment and said, "I will not be getting back in the bed to snuggle. It is way past bedtime and you need to go to sleep."  She looked at me and said, "Mama Boo, tell me about God."

Are you kidding me?  A just turned 3 year old knew exactly the button to push to soften  my heart and get herself some prayers and snuggles.

Well, He is the first and the last, He is love and his love never ceases. There is no one else like Him. He is omnipotent, omniscient,  and omnipresent (her father has his doctorate in English, so Im certain she knows what that means).

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. Colossians 1:16

The Song

"Who Can" by Cochren and Company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uynHOojNR_c

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?