Love Check


This little pumpkin ruffle butt is easy to love.

Love is difficult to define and hard to offer up at times. Paul makes an excellent attempt to leave us with a prescription to live a life that reflects love.

Let's do an "Am I Loving" check as we reflect on 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a.

Love is patient and kind.

Love does not envy or boast.

Love is not arrogant or rude.

Love doesn't insist on its own way.

Love is not irritable or resentful.

Love does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with truth.

Love bears all things.

Love believes all things.

Love hopes all things.

Love endures all things.

Love never ends.

Whew. Well that was convicting.  I filled in all these blanks.

I have not been patient with _______________.

I could have been kinder to ________________.

I am envious of _______________________.

I boasted about _______________________.

I was probably perceived as arrogant or rude when I _______________.

Pain and weariness brought about irritability and I responded sharply to _________.

If I'm honest, I resented ___________________________.

Jesus set the example for us of how to bear, believe, hope and endure.

We can rejoice that He does not keep a record of wrongs, but pours out never ending love and forgiveness upon us.

Tell someone you love them today. Better yet, show them in person.

The Song

"For the Love of God" by Andrews Ripp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbkYijXb5HQ

 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?