A Call to Arms

This one kept tipping over in her pool, so our son rigged up ski belt with a strap for me to hold her by and it saved my back! One more dock weekend ahead at Shiloh and then I think it's on to fall.
 

For months I've been struggling with "What is next Lord?" I was referencing the Monday morning grandmothers' connect group that meets in our home. For the past 26 years of ministry here at Shiloh the Lord has always made clear what was to be next. The lack of clarity had my mind scurrying in it's thoughts.  Were we going to be led to move?  Was an illness or even death on the horizon for my husband or myself and the Lord didn't want me making commitments?

One day I was driving up our 1/2 mile long driveway and my thoughts must have been stirring because I felt the Lord say, "Stop dreaming things up!  You aren't going to guess it. You are tempted to move, but just stay put. I will show you in my perfect time."

This particular morning these words came to me..."I know your heart Boo. Keep seeking me and I will answer and reveal My plans. There are times I call you to let go and other times I ask you to pick something up. I love you, just keep listening. It is time for A Call to Arms."    

What does that mean Father?

I googled what is the purpose of a call to arms?

Check these out..

"A demand for a group of people to fight against an enemy.

"An act of gathering forces together to renew or attempt an effort."

"Something that asks or encourages a group of people to take action against something."

Then I opened the Word to Ephesians 6:10-18 The Fight against Evil 

Finally, let the mighty strength of the Lord make you strong. Put on all the armor that God gives, so you can defend yourself against the devil's tricks. We are not fighting against humans. We are fighting against forces and authorities and against rulers of darkness and powers in the spiritual world. So put on all the armor that God gives. Then when that evil day comes, you will be able to defend yourself. And when the battle is over, you will still be standing firm.

Be ready! Let the truth be like a belt around your waist, and let God's justice protect you like armor. Your desire to tell the good news about peace should be like shoes on your feet. Let your faith be like a shield, and you will be able to stop all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Let God's saving power be like a helmet, and for a sword use God's message that comes from the Spirit.

Never stop praying, especially for others. Always pray by the power of the Spirit. Stay alert and keep praying for God's people.


Turning on a Christian radio station the next three songs rocked me soul and made it clear God was calling me to a host a gathering of Praise and Prayer. Where it goes from there we shall see.

The Songs
"First Things First" Consumed by Fire 

"Praise You Anywhere" Brandon Lake





Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Fill Us Up

Toe Sucking