Moving Mountains Chapters 9-10

 

A friend took this photo on a beautiful sky blue day as 27 of us gathered to worship the Lord and settle into listening prayer as our daughter played the harp. It looks like I'm sleeping, but I'm listening.

Chapter 9 from Moving Mountains is title "Daily Prayer."  I want to list some one liners I high lighted. If you agree with these prayers there has to be joy in your life.

"Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day. Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity...

I choose not to love the world, and I crucify the flesh and all its passions....

I declare my dependence upon You...I refuse to be discouraged...I cover myself with  your blood-my spirit, soul, and body, my heart, mind and will...

I renounce all other gods, every idol, and I give to you, God, the place in my heart and in my life that you truly deserve. This is all about You, and not about me.  You are the hero of this story and I belong to you.  I ask Your forgiveness for my every sin...

Jesus, thank you for coming to ransom me with your own life...I take up the cross and crucify my flesh with all its pride, arrogance, unbelief and idolatry...I put off the old man...

I am saved by Your life. I reign in life through your life. I receive your hope, love, joy, and faith; your beauty, goodness, and trueness; your wisdom, power and strength; your holiness and integrity in all things...

Jesus, I also sincerely receive you as my authority, rule, and dominion, my everlasting victory against Satan and his kingdom...

Fill me afresh, Holy Spirit. Restore my union with the Father and the Son."

Hallelujah!  In Jesus' name.  

The Song

“Believe For It” Cece Winans









Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Toe Sucking

Remember Your Story