Uncomfortable

September can still provide some warm dock days.

I've shared before that ever since COVID chaos I've been done with the news. There is a need for great discernment when listening to others.  My husband listens to it all from different perspectives to be aware, so I've said, "Tell me what I need to know in accordance with God's Truth."

The other night he was speaking to me on the abortion issues and sharing the viewpoints of various politicians platforms. After only a few comments I said, "Please stop. This hurts my heart too much to discuss."

Last month I was in a discussion with a high school teacher who was attempting to expand my understanding of why we should address people with the proper gender pronouns.  I heard his heart, but said, "I am just too old to deal with this."

What I do want to deal with is God's Word and his Truth.  My heart longs to stand on the moral absolutes found in God's Word. These make sense to me and I am able to accept they are for my good, because I know God's love is real, just as I know there is a real enemy on the prowl. His name is Lucifer and he fell from heaven long ago.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2

For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy...2 Timothy 3:2

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. 1 John 2:15-17

May my discomfort always take me to the feet of Jesus as he reminds me I have the Holy Spirit to direct my understanding of God's Word and his ways.

The Song (This song makes me very comfortable.)

"That's My King" Cece Winans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB-3Av8RYo8

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Toe Sucking

Remember Your Story