Searchability

June 1

Today is my mother's birthday. She died nine years ago. Everyday, I wear a
diamond bracelet which belonged to her. Last night I was doing a bit of
delayed spring cleaning, chloroxing the fence posts which go around
our dock. At one point, my arm hit one of the slats and I thought,
hmm, if this bracelet fell down into the lake I could easily enlist people
to search for diamonds in the murky bottom of the lake.
Why is it so difficult then to persuade someone to seek the Lord with all
their heart? He is more precious than silver, more costly than gold and
more beautiful than diamonds. Nothing we desire can compare to Him.

How much effort do we put into seeking and searching God's purpose
and will for our lives? He made each of us the way we are for a reason.
He knows the plans He has for us. (Jeremiah 29:11)
We can know the plans too, but it takes a willingness to go on a life long
treasure hunt.

Dig deep today...believing the Lord wants you to find His treasures.

As for God, his way is perfect. 2 Samuel 22:31

Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him.
Psalm 37:5-7

I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

Psalm 119:10
David gives fatherly advice to his son:
And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father,
and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind,
for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive
behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you;
but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

1 Chronicles 28:9

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?