We Apostles

November 19
"Earl Grey, Earl Grey, where are you? It's been a long day and I need you and some chocolate chip cookies to bring me comfort!" my heart sang out as I entered my home on a dreary afternoon, which had been filled with emotional dreariness on top of the weather. Downing my fourth cup of tea, with lots of sugar I might add, I realized I had run to Earl Grey before the Lord!

My morning therapy sessions are provided by One, Jesus Christ, and Spirit FM radio station. The past few months He has been using musical lyrics to minister to me in a "knock your socks off" way. Meeting several teachers at the door, who were well aware of the attacks which have been surrounding our school, I shared these Casting Crown lyrics which had just played.
But if we are the Body
Why aren't His arms reaching
Why aren't His hands healing
Why aren't His words teaching
And if we are the Body
Why aren't His feet going
Why is His love not showing them there is a way
There is a way


I was under great conviction that we had done nothing to show the love of Christ to someone we all knew who was hurting. By the end of the day, the Lord sent this person to us (the other teachers thought I had called her). Our arms were able to wrap around her, our hands reached out and touched her and our words poured out God's truths of how much he loved her.
Healing, reaching, teaching. Hmmm, familiar terms from long ago. I believe the group called themselves....apostles! How different would our lives look today if we used that title before our names.
Greetings, I am the Apostle Boo. I come in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who died so that you might have abundant life.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?