Escape and Pray

July 15

The calls and emails kept coming with heavy hearted concerns of others. There wasn't a darn thing I could do to change any of these situations. Then I opened the email from the caterer my son and future daughter in law had selected for their wedding and it stated they had accepted another contract for that date. The bride and groom to be had flown all the way down here from Minneapolis and were thrilled with the chef they had selected. Panic tried to set in and my mind wanted to race. Grabbing my Bible I needed to escape to the dock and just be still before the Lord, but I realized a neighbor had asked to use the dock so her grandchildren could swim. I wanted to cry, but I decided to cook instead. We had guests coming for dinner and I wanted to bake a cake. Opening the pantry door I saw them marching by....1 ant, 2 ant, 3 ant, 4...You've got to be kidding me, what else could go wrong! Unloading six shelves of staples I smooshed every ant in sight. My pantry would impress Martha Stewart with how organized it is now.
The dock became vacant and I grabbed my Bible study book and Bible. While getting situated on a lounge chair, my Bible blew open to Psalm 27 where I had verse 14 starred. It read...
Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Those simple words offered encouragement for the people in every situation I had encounter that day. As for the caterer, I chose to praise and thank the Lord and believe He had something better in mind. Heading back to the kitchen I put the finishing touches on dinner and we had a fabulous night of fellowship and ended by singing the praise song "Give Thanks".
Opening my email, before closing my eyes for the night was another piece of correspondence from the caterer. She wrote that my son had called her and she was sorry for any stress she may have caused, but she had her dates wrong and they were available for the wedding! PTL I didn't go into action mode and call other caterers...I had waited and prayed and the Lord worked it out.

"Prayer should be the key of the morning and the bolt of the night."
Henry Gariepy draft

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?