Impact

July 28

The past two days my husband and I both have come upon serious car accidents as rescue workers were arriving. One involved a firetruck and took the lives of two veteran firefighters in our community. Both were reminders of how quickly life on this earth can be over.

When the word impact was on my mind in the early hours of the morning I wasn't certain if it was to be comprehended in the noun or verb form. The verb form brought to mind the accidents and I prayed for all involved. The noun form which Webster's defines as:the force of impression of one thing on another caused me to ponder the paths we are on each day and the possibility that God puts us in the presence of others for a purpose...to share His love and help position them in a place where they are open to the working of the Holy Spirit.

Let's pray we have a positive impact on people today pulling them towards a propensity to pursue a relationship with Jesus.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.- Philippians 3:14

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit,...will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Jhn 14:26

"Getting to know God in all the ways that are possible is a lifelong journey."
Henry Cloud and John Townsend

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?