All Sufficient


April 15
Late Tuesday night, sitting alone in the very sterile setting of a hospital hallway, there was no movement or activity around as I awaiting word of our grandson's delivery and our daughter's well being. A friend texted..."Is there anyone there with you?" "Jesus and a man around the corner waxing floors," I replied. As the expected time of notification tripled, I begin to brace myself for the worst as tears dripped down my cheeks. There was no one to offer a tissue or a word of encouragement. "Lord, I am scared," my heart rung out in silent honesty. "I am all you need," the Truth answered.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9
Praying in the Spirit, as I was beyond the point of knowing what to pray, the peace that passes understanding came over me and I remained there in contentment, trusting in the Lord's plans.

Today our daughter is feeling stronger and glad to be off pain meds. Our grandson is improving as well. My guess is over time we will forget the magnitude of the emotions we have experienced and be so thankful for God's safe passage through the ordeal and the gift of this child. His name means "strong leader" and his parents began praying months ago that God would train him up to be exactly that. For now, he can just enjoy being loved.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?