Dead Wooding




April 18
Walking along the water's edge by the willow tree, I noticed lots of branches which did not have new life sprouting out of them. Reaching up to touch them, they were so brittle they fell right to the ground. Getting rid of this dead wood left the tree with a much more pleasant appearance. I thought about how much "dead wooding" or "pruning" needs to be done in our own lives to make us look more like Christ. We need people, parents, passages, sermons, songs, a Savior and Bible studies in our lives, which expose the dead wood so we can remove it and shine brighter.

John 15: 1-3 (The Message)
I am the Real Vine and my Father is the Farmer. He cuts off every branch of me that doesn't bear grapes. And every branch that is grape-bearing he prunes back so it will bear even more. You are already pruned back by the message I have spoken.

PT
Here we are Lord, prune us so that our inside appearance is more appropriate for Your purposes. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?