Missed Opportunities

June 17th
On June 15th I shared a link to a David Jeremiah site about the End Times. On that same day I was taking my morning walk and was heavily into seeking the Lord and sorting out some thoughts.
A nice young couple in matching red T-shirts walked past. I was pleasant and simply said, "Good morning," but engaged them in no further conversation. On the return hike home I saw them again on the road and really wasn't up for chatter, so I took a side street and decided to walk enough distance to avoid having to speak again. The detour couldn't have taken more than 3 minutes. When I stepped back onto the main road...they were gone! "Missed opportunity" was the phrase which rang in my mind. God quickly taught me that, while he doesn't need me to accomplish anything, there are times when He calls on us to get over ourselves and get on with his work. It was a very convicting lesson.

"God is looking for heart that are willing to be emptied of self and filled with Him."
Sharon Jaynes

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?