Atten hut

Sometimes we wander off and look in the wrong direction
 and we need a nudge to head back home.

March 7
Atten  hut is actually the Army cadence shout of Atten tion.  God has my attention.  Once again, my back pain if off the charts and movement of any kind is difficult.  Crying out to the Lord this morning, he reminded me of my tendency to put my service to others, before my service to HIM.  I found myself requesting healing to be able to do more with the grandchildren; entertain one of our sons, who is having a birthday and coming with his wife this weekend; make my husband's upcoming spring break relaxing (not spent waiting on me); and gear up for more baby sitting and upcoming birthday celebrations of our grandchildren.  Nowhere in the mix was I asking God what his plans were for me or asking for healing so I could be more effective for him.  The Holy Spirit had been stuffed back on his shelf in my heart and I've been in "me mode".

Thirteen years ago a similar scenario set forth and the devotional was birthed out of physical pain.  A disc rupture and faulty surgery landed me quite ill for over a year, but I could pray and type. Yesterday,  God reminded me he can slow me down at any moment.

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.  Ecclesiates 3:1

He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.  Psalm 23:2-3

Papa (my husband) is driving the grands to meet their Mama. The Lord and I are hanging out today and doing it his way!  Atten Hut!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?