Lost but now I'm Found

The Andrews kids and their four Maltese..Spirit, Kindness, Patience and Truth
May 30
Dusk was upon us and night would not be far behind.  Our neighbor called, quite distraught, that her new little Maltese had run.  She had been searching for 30 minutes, but could find her nowhere.  Shiloh sits on five acres and our neighbor has three acres.  The driveway is a half mile long through dense woods.  Finding a tiny white fluff ball appeared to be a daunting task and by this time the owner was quite concerned what critter in the woods may have already killed her.
My husband and I headed out in different directions to help with the search.  While deep in our woods I thought I heard a dog barking over in the 130 acre development behind our property.  Walking to our neighbor's home, I share this information and suggested we get in the car and drive a few miles to that neighborhood.  Before we left I took her hand and prayed for God to protect this tiny canine and lead us to her.
Heading up the driveway we found my husband and he climbed in the car to accompany us.  The whole way over the two of them were saying, "There's no way that little dog could have gotten all this way."  I called several friends asking them to be on the lookout for the dog.  Entering the other neighborhood I saw some people cooking out together and asked if they had seen the dog.  Negative on that reply.  Checking out a side road we turned around discouraged as darkness neared.  Heading to exit this development, two large deer jumped out of the woods and quickly disappeared into the forest.  Then as quickly as they ran into the woods "Liz", the Maltese, came darting out into the road!  "Praise God," I shouted.  That little one was wet and had obviously forged our creek, climbed the side of a mountain and probably followed the scent of that cookout in the other neighborhood!
As I reflected on the urgency of our search, I thought about our Father God and how desperately he wants to see each of us come home!

But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.  Luke 15:32


Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn't he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?  Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, "Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep."  Luke 14: 4, 6

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?