Doubt

October 14
A double whammy came yesterday!  The sermon title at church was "Doubt".  An online Bible Study I received an email about was titled: "How to Stop Doubting Yourself and Live in the Security of God's Promises."
This morning I began searching my heart for "doubts" by looking up the word in Merriam-Webster.
"Doubt-to be uncertain about (something): to believe that (something) may not be true or is unlikely:
to have no confidence in (someone or something)"

I realized there are some things I doubt God will ever do.  Prayers that may not be answered the way I want.  Then I recalled a recent devotional I read on God's unlimited power.  With God all things are possible!
Renee Swope in her book A Confident Heart says: "We'll do the most important thing first; spend time digging deep into the heart and character of God so we can learn to depend on His heart toward us."

Check out this verse:
Those who hope in me will not be disappointed.  Isaiah 49:23b

Let's take our doubts to God.  Ask Him to speak to us concerning them with his Word and then leave them in his lap to work on in his perfect way and timing.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?